Oct 272014
 
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

In June 2014 the whole website (Jacobs Tree and my personal area) has again been hacked (I’m afraid I don’t understand why people would want to do this.)

Many thanks to those people who alerted me to this – unfortunately I don’t look at it every day, or even every week.

Unfortunately my backup wasn’t thorough enough to be able to quickly rebuild.

Therefore I decided to go back to basics.

I purchased a new hosting package with a different company (TSOHOST). This new account features an automatic daily backup which backs up both the site and the databases.

I have also built in security checks so that I get notified more quickly if the site is hacked again.

At the same time I upgraded the version of Joomla that I use for the front end and bought an updated version of TNG, the software used to manage the family tree.

Unfortunately all this has taken time, something which I don’t have a lot of at present.

I don’t believe that I have lost any data from the old system, it’s just taken a long time to re-assemble it.

 Posted by at 4:28 pm